Monday, February 9, 2015

6 months

I miss hearing you answer the phone and say "Boo." I can picture you sitting at your desk, putting me on speaker, and saying something funny when I ask for Mom. Remember how girls would call for Kurt and you'd say, "Let me go scrape him off the ceiling." I have no idea what that meant, but it was hilarious!!!

I miss you calling me Snook Pie. No one else on this planet ever called me that, and no one else was allowed to. It was special between you and me.

I've been doing the Jumble a lot lately. The Jumble always reminds me of you. You'd sit in your recliner, and I'd curl up next to you and we'd do it together. Of course before too long I got really good at it, and I don't think you liked doing them with me any more :-)  No, I'm sure that's not true. I was your little girl. I bet you always liked doing everything with me. This week I did a Jumble and it reeeeally made me think of you. The silly riddle was that, "The cyclops monster movie was playing at the....'EYE-MAX THEATER!'"  YES!!! Dad would have LOVED that one, I said to myself. I look up at the ceiling and laughed. I hope you saw me and were laughing, too.

I wonder which Superbowl commercials you would have liked.

I have some Arby's coupons and I want to go get roast-beast.

I want to tell you about my divorce and my sadness and my hurt. I want you to cry with me. You're such a wonderful man and I love you so much. Thank you for loving our mother.

I'm reading Jesus the Christ and I want to talk to you about it.

Every so often I hear classic rock songs on the radio that I know you liked, like Toad the Wet Sprocket or J. Geils Band or Bachmann Turner Overdrive. Stuff they'd play on 93.5 The Beach. I can hear your voice say the words. I can see your expression. I miss your grin.

It's been 6 months since you were called back to God. I am grateful for every day I have on this planet, I truly am, but goodness gracious, I really really miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment