Sunday, February 22, 2015

Wish you were there

The entire family made it for the first of the Twining baptisms.  Just like everybody got together for the 1st of the baby blessings.  One a year for 6 years.  We didn't all make the last few, but we started out pretty good.  Hopefully we can figure out how to make it to all of the baptisms.  It was the second time that everybody has gotten together without you.  Kyler's baptism was wonderful, the room was full to capacity.  The courageous KB III invited his entire class at school to come to his baptism.  He invited neighbors, family members, everybody.  He certainly is a better missionary at age 8 than I was.  I wish I could say it is my great missionary influence upon him, but I'm sure you're helping him be bold in sharing his testimony.

I know you were there, rejoicing as your first grandchild entered into the kingdom of God.  Mom spoke and testified strongly that you were one of the angels in heaven shouting praises on this special occasion.  Kyler managed to get completely submerged on only the first try.  I was almost disappointed for him; I remember how excited I was that I got to go under twice!  :)  

We had three cakes for Kyler since so many people came.  I missed seeing an odd piece being cut out of the middle of one.  I almost cut a piece out of the middle for you.  Almost.   

We do many things in memory of you.  We've told our kids a burp after a meal means "my compliments to the chef."  We will get 'dog nuts' and enjoy your favorite breakfast.  I even got Arby's to enjoy with Kyler on my day off of work when Kyler still had to go to school.  I told Kyler that you would be jealous that we got to have Arby's.  ;)  We bought M.R. Ducks t-shirts for everybody in the family and wear them often.  We even bought some M.R. Ducks shirts for my in-laws for Christmas.  I talked to my stake president about getting tickets to the Priesthood session of General Conference.  Boys are allowed to go to the Priesthood session at age 8, even though they don't hold the Priesthood.  I always enjoyed going to the pie and ice cream before the Priesthood session of conference with you. 

A couple of weeks ago Melani and I had the privilege to go to Kelson Wheeler's wedding.  I know you were there because your sister wasn't able to make it.  The sealer without any prompting from me or anybody else mentioned how our ancestors who have lived before us are interested still in our lives and our doings.  He spoke on how relatives of Kelson and his bride, Melissa, were present and interested in this joyful day.  Kelson told me as we left the sealing room that he felt "Uncle Kenny" there on that day.  I always feel close to you when I go to the temple.  I am so glad for the example you set of the importance of the temple.  You did not necessarily go every month, or even that often, when we were kids, but we knew the temple was a sacred and important place.  We all remembered the special experience when we were sealed as a family and we all knew it was a place we wanted to continue to go.

Thanks for keeping us in mind and keeping an eye on us.  We still need your wisdom and guidance.  We love you and miss you.

1 comment:

  1. Mom told me about the wedding when we talked yesterday. I'm so glad you could go! Of course Dad was there. I feel him a lot when I look at the stars or the sunset or the big blue sky. I know he's out there, somewhere, wishing we were comforted. How I miss him.

    ReplyDelete